It’s hard to find a good off-road truck that doesn’t cost a fortune. If you can’t afford a Hummer, there are some other options out there that aren’t as expensive! Since we’re in the business of selling truck parts, we have seen a lot of different makes and models, and we know a thing or two about which trucks last the longest (and are the least expensive). Take a look at our list of top inexpensive off-road vehicles, and be sure to contact us if you need any truck parts.
- Jeep Wrangler: is there a more iconic off-road truck than the Jeep Wrangler? This truck doesn’t just look amazing, it performs well too. You’ll get a 3.6-liter V6 engine; a four-wheel drive system that includes gearing options for low-range; 285 horsepower; and a six-speed manual transmission.
- Ram 1500: we like the Ram because it looks as tough as it is (hard to find these days). The Ram 1500 also comes with a 4.7-liter V8 engine; 330 lb-ft of torque; 310 horsepower; and six-speed automatic transmission.
- Nissan Frontier: we’re putting this one on the list if you purchase the PRO-4X package. With that package, you’ll get automatic transmission, locking rear differential, and hill descent control.
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon: Yes, we have put another Jeep on this list! The Rubicon comes with 260 horsepower V6 engine; crazy suspension, optimal ground clearance, and body that looks every bit the part.
Some Luxury Models
You’re bound to be happy with any of the inexpensive models listed above (all of those fall under the $20k mark), but we have to add a few luxury brands to this lineup too – you never know, you may just find a few extra dollars in your pocket to put towards a seriously rugged off-road vehicle.
- The Land Rover LR4: somewhere along the way, Land Rovers went from being the optimal off-road vehicle to a luxury brand that never leaves the pavement. However, Land Rover has recently made some updates to its suspension system, and now Land Rovers have a fully independent suspension that makes this truck capable of going off-road (prior, that really wasn’t a great idea). The LR4 is the one that we like the best if you are going to take it off-road, but you may also want to look into the ‘Heavy Duty Package’ that will make off-roading even better.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee: some may not consider the Grand Cherokee a luxury model, but this Jeep is in the $40k range, base package. Plus, Jeep has been working with Mercedes Benz to create a brand new platform that puts the Cherokee at the top of the off-roading list. The Cherokee is all about power, and less about suspension, so keep that in mind. If you are going to spend more than $20k on a truck, do check out the Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Buying Offroad Parts
There are many different ways to add onto any off-road truck that you have. Some people even say that the older trucks were the better ones. If that’s how you’re thinking, we have the best offroad parts for your vehicle. But, we also have offroad parts for any new model too. We’re also happy to hook you up with aftermarket parts, so ask us about our deals on aftermarket parts.
There are some discrepancies when it comes to the best or the cheapest and best offroad vehicle, but the thing to remember is to choose the truck that will do what you need it to do. Otherwise, narrow down the selection by basing your decision on price, and remember that you can always add aftermarket parts to any vehicle you purchase. Questions? Ask us here, or find us on Facebook!